Thursday, January 25, 2007

Until the Mermaid Finds Her Way...

...or until a new inspiration hits... this will have to do. I'm kind of tired of trying to figure it out. Every day my husband comes home to a new mantel display. He misses out on the two or three variations that existed earlier in the day, and that's probably a good thing.

I like this though, I like the old family pewter (Frank's family's) and the way it shines. The sticks and seashells work well with it and the house and fireplace, and the peace bird is so... me. It adds a bit of whimsy to all of it - so it's not so old-fashioned and serious. I think I'll keep this for awhile.



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the color. I also have a very large fireplace(dark brick). I to have a hard time getting it just right. I decided on a color similar to yours and bought a new cream sofa to try to lighten up the dark and overpowering fireplace. I like what you have done. It looks very homey.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Janelle said...

Love it! Your fireplace is gorgeous, and the items you picked look perfect against the rock.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I think your display looks great, Pam. It's casual and fits in with your home, and it's fresh looking. It will welcome spring. Nice job!

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pam! Love your home, I first saw it on the HGTV board...remember the periwinkle blue walls? I am the one that told you about the "Romantic Living" magazine, page 46,...I had your blog saved in my favorites. I've listed it on my blog page...I love your fireplace vignette! Tina Smith

8:41 AM  
Blogger k e r r y said...

I adore the display - it's perfect!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Becki said...

so pretty.....
just found your blog and enjoy it.
I'm just starting one myself. Take a look at www.curiousdetails.blogspot.com
I am coveting your beach!!! Oh, and if you're still playing around with your mantle, how about some big honking seashell bookends for winter, with worn books in between?

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam, your mantle is wonderful! You did a great job! Such a warm, but soothing room ~ really lovely!!
xo,
Kim

4:46 AM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Oh , thats beautiful!

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home