Wednesday, October 18, 2006

What's in a Name?

If you've visited recently, you probably noticed I had another name at the top of this blog. And a little bit before that a different one. And I think another one before that even. I forget them all now. Why can't I pick out a name for this place? It shouldn't matter, but there I go changing it again. And I'll bet I do it again.

Little Cottage By The Sea - hmn... not that little, really. Not that by-the-sea either. Though when I stepped out of the house the other morning I did get hit with a mist that carried the scent of low tide right up to my doorstep. So I can smell the sea, but not see it (unless I stand on the roof or out at the road).

Modern Cottage
- is that an oxymoron? Or just moronic? I am trying to wrap my mind about putting modern in this old-fashioned home. It's me - mixing the old with the new and making it fresh... but it seems disloyal to the house somehow.

What else did I have? What should it be. I think the house wants a name too. I wish it would tell me what it was though. Home should be enough, really, because that's what it is... or is becoming... finally.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

I understand the dilemma. You've got a home in motion, that's for sure! Whatever you decide to go with, I'll still check in with you...

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the feeling the new name evokes. That's what it's really all about.

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home