Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Master of Nothing

These would have to qualify as "before" shots, though I have no idea what the "after" is going to be. I don't even have a hint of a direction. I did... but then we got this bed that goes with... nothing we own. It's beautiful though isn't it? Even if it was not the bed I went into the store to buy. I don't think... it would really look all that good with the purple walls I was about to paint.



Here, I'm trying to pretend I like the green and work with it. But I've decided, as I already knew, that I don't. Except I would like to try some red in there before I totally call it a day.



I'm thinking... so maybe I do have a hint of a direction... that this might look nice, I don't know though. It's a little... too white?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it looks very crisp but it's really anchored by that dark brown wood floor which works so well with the sleigh bed. Red, white and brown. A classic combination. However, why does PB turn all the books around so you can't see the titles? That's taking "design" a little too far.

Love your house, BTW.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Pam @ The Blue Between said...

oh, so I would have to stain my floors to pull it off! LOL, I've been wondering how to approach that one with Frank - I'd like the floors to match the dark ones in the living areas.

And yes, those books, they crack me up every time I look at them, though I like the texture. My books wouldn't look like that though, I'm sure. And what a pain. Martha Stuart covers all her books in plain paper - again - what is the point of having a book if you can't find it?

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you have seriously-worth-something hardbacks, then covering them would make sense. But the original dust jackets in good condition are what old book buyers really want. I'm staring at my piles of books, thinking I need to do some serious pruning.

When I painted my entry hall last month, it took me 22 trips up and down the stairs to put the books back into their bookcase! And that's just one bookcase. sigh.

The problem is I DO re-read books that I like.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never noticed that about the books! But weird the way it's got the painted panelling, bookcase and fireplace just like your room.

But I agree, I think the dark wood floor is what gives it character. The white w/ your lighter floors might not have that richness.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first visit to your cottage and I think it's looking beautiful. I also live in a 1930's house but ours is brick built and in England. Yours seems so much more spacious.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home