Friday, September 29, 2006

Back to Square One

Impatience. I would have known if I'd only waited a bit. But no, I had to go around the room painting big splotches of color all over the place - YES! this looks great on this wall! Yes! It looks so good over here by the window with this light! Yes - look how it goes with the mirror frame! Yes!

And then I went to pick Luke up from school, and then we went to the park for a couple of hours of play time with one of his new friends... and when we got home, it was Luke making the exclamations. "MOM! SOMETHING HAPPENED TO OUR WALL WHILE WE WERE GONE!!!! MOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!"

It was awful. A really dark charcoal was splotched all over my beautiful lavender blue. Kind of the color of the smoke stained rocks on the fireplace… only darker. I spent the next hour going over it again with my #1438 to hide it all before Frank got home. I think I'll just leave it for now.

Of course there was no hiding the many purple splotches in the bedroom - I think I'll be priming that room white today so I can start fresh with a new round of trials. Who knew picking out wall colors was so difficult? And why do they NOT match the little color cards???

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Choosing a color for a room is almost as hard a choosing a baby's name... seriously. (ok, maybe that's dramatic, but I feel your pain.)
I like the yellow. It's soft and versatile. One thing that helps me settle on colors is to find something in the room that I love (and I know is going to stay in that room) and try to find a color that works with that piece. It gives me something to build on. Sometimes it's woodwork, but other times a picture or print, one of the colors in the textiles or rugs, etc...
Here's some of my other "methods":
http://four-square-renewal.blogspot.com/2006/09/paints-i-like.html

2:07 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Well, as I sit here I am gazing upon the large (huge) splotch of the red I want our family room to be painted...hey, I needed to see it next to the window treatment and clost to he fireplace AND by the window...We are definately painting but haven't gotten that far so now as the holidays approach I am under the gun...either paint the room or paint over the splotch! Love your blog!

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home