Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Great Leveler

I keep thinking I'm getting a wall. I really want that sheet rock up. So badly. It's been sitting along the wall in my tv room for a year now, and it seems to me that it could just as easily be hung on those framed walls as it could be sitting on the floor leaning against the window.

But obviously, I'm wrong about this.

Instead, it's one thing after another. Like this newly firred ceiling of beams. Or whatever they are called. Frank had to notch out parts of it and make it all fit up there and be level and such... it took him about 4 hours to hang 5 boards... but it's level in all directions. It looks good. Seems to me we could hang some sheet rock on it now. But I bet I'm wrong about that too.



2 Comments:

Blogger pedalpower said...

Aww, I feel for you. We have had some awfully loooong projects too. It wears on you.
Your place is so charming though...it'll be worth the wait!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Pam @ The Blue Between said...

It will :) I keep reminding myself there is no rush... but there are some things that seem like they COULD go a little faster...

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home