Wednesday, September 13, 2006

In the Pink

I found these photos today - til now they had not seen the light of day. This is our, ok, it WAS our, third bathroom. I had started priming it to paint white, thinking that would do until someday far, far down the road when everything else in the house was done we could figure out what to do with the pink tiles... when Frank started coming through the ceiling and wall chasing the water damage from the bathroom above. Today it has no walls at all in it, and no sink even. Ah well... it's still waiting for someday far, far down the road - just not in the state I'd expected.





5 Comments:

Blogger Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Oh, I am so feeling for you! But since you are an artist, I am sure you can take dilapidation and turn it into renewal, right?!

3:58 AM  
Blogger Pam @ The Blue Between said...

I'm trying! LOL. My last house was modern, all white, and with all the art on the walls it was like living in an art gallery. This house... has more personality, I'm still getting to know it and figure it all out. Some days it's fun, some days it's a little overwhelming.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

Hehe, Pam, that's the current state of our one and only full bath right now! NO walls, NO sinks, and even NO toilet, lol! We have a little half bath that we are using until we get around to putting it all back together. It's tough, especially with 4 females in the house...

I hear ya loud and clear!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Pam @ The Blue Between said...

oh Kim - how in the world are you doing that?! We have the one bathroom in working order - it's the one room I'm absolutely sure I know how I want to decorate it... but I'm waiting til at least one other bathroom is together before I start. Hopefully we will have at least the half bath in a few weeks. (I'm being very optomistic here!)

1:04 PM  
Blogger Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

Ugh, it's tough but at least the tub/shower in the gutted bathroom works. I did a little "temporary" makeover in there so that spending time bathing would be tolerable until we could get to putting everything back together.
http://www.onewomanslife.com/home/2006/07/cottage-cozy-but-gutted-bathroom.html

It's not the same as a *real* bathroom, though, lol...

Hopefully you'll have your halfbath before you know it!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home