Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Grout, Check!

The grout is in. It looks great! And it went in way easier than my studio - I think because it was unsanded grout, the tiles were smoother, and the grout a little thicker... whatever, I'm glad it wasn't a huge pain.

Here is my question though: I know I have to wait 2 weeks before I can seal it... but when can I (er, Frank) install the toilet and sink? I know we didn't wait two weeks in our old house when the tiler and plumber did it all - in fact, I'm pretty sure once one was done, the other came right in. But it was a long time ago, and Luke was a newborn... I might not have my facts straight. I am thinking the toilet and pedestal sink can go in this weekend. Frank thinks we have to wait until the grout is sealed. Anyone else with an opinion?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I don't know if it was the right thing....but I went ahead and sealed the areas under the toilet and sink,so they could be installed, then sealed the rest later.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Pam @ The Blue Between said...

thanks, that's pretty much what we decided to do too (except, I say pretty much, because I forgot to seal the under parts before we put them in! Ooops. I'm sure it will be fine. :)

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home